Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wednesday of Holy Week bento

PORTAL 2 IS OUT. I stayed up until 1 AM playing it after I posted last night. I can't give any spoilers, but I will say a few things about it that don't give anything away. It has been amazingly optimized, so that it can run even on my laptop (4 years old, and worked nearly to death, poor Esmerelda, luckily I'll be getting a desktop for graduation, so that'll take most of the strain off her) 


The graphics are wonderful, the sounds... WOW. I've been looking at concept art for this game since last February, and had it pre-ordered for 4 months ahead of time, so when Valve released it early (yes, Valve is awesome. Working there is my dream job... or working for Steam, but.. mainly Valve) They released it at 11:30 last night, It took until 12 for it to finish downloading, decrypting, and verifying (and yes, I did already have it preloaded, I might add) but, then, I played for an hour, and was in absolute gamergirl heaven! (Seriously, the only words Sam could get out of me via text were "omgomgomgomgomgomgomg" and "AAAHHHHH!!!!PORTAL2ISOUT!!!!SOMUCHAWESOME!!!!!") 


Now that I'm done with my Portal 2 Appreciation for the moment.... (ok wait.. no I'm not, back to Portal 1:
"Aperture Science would like to remind you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you, as it cannot talk"  
and as a sidenote, anyone who gets me one of these? I will love you forever: http://bit.ly/hdxJbI )




NOW! Onto the food! 


This should all look rather familiar, fake chicken nuggets in sweet and sour sauce, veggies, and rice, and then the goldfish cookie medley:


Yes, I'm being lazy, but, it's holy week, cut a girl a break, There's your post for the night!


Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment