Sunday, March 13, 2011

Late weekend post

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of post on Friday night, I didn't end up making the bento until late late late, so I was just too tired to post. I ended up using more of the fake chicken for moon shaped chicken nuggets, dark chocolate roasted almonds, and fritos (yes, I was being lazy) Saturday the person who ate the other bento was Sam (my boyfriend) because he was awesome and  came to the robotics tournament to support me ^_^ (cue the "awww"ing)


Anyways, onto the part you've all been waiting for, how the robotics tournament went! Well, sadly, though our outreach program is stellar (if you haven't heard about my latest outreach project 'Laptops for Maniche', I'm raising money to send one hundred solar powered laptops to a school in Maniche, Haiti. This project is very near and dear to my heart, so anyone wishing to donate can contact me at greektigergirl@gmail.com  ...and seeing as I'm working on raising $25,000 any donations would be really really appreciated) but, continuing on, we did not win the Chairmans award. So no making it to nationals for us that way (and now we see why I needed the support, I'm head of outreach for my team, so my project failing to win like that was rather depressing)


Nor did we make it into the final rounds with our bot... our minibot worked, our bot ended up working by Friday,  but our deployment system for the minibot went to heck in a handbasket, and due to a number of unfortunate alliance members... we were too low of a seed to get picked in the final alliances (for those of you who have no idea what all I just said.. here's a link to the FIRST video explaining this years competition: http://bit.ly/gHxcYP )


So, to recap, my team, Sargon 2335, lost miserably, but, I ended up having an OK night anyways (again, thanks to the person mentioned at the beginning of the blog post) Today, I had to give my speech for the Saint   John Chrysostom Oratorical festival at my church (I made the topic into a fun one of Feminism in the Patriarchal Church Hierarchy of the Orthodox Church) I won second, meaning I do not have to compete in the Metropolis Level. suits me just fine ^_^


Finally, Have a wonderful Sunday of Orthodoxy everyone! I'll see you next week for another Bento session, after spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment